- Try not to leave traces behind when travelling in the nature.
- Adhere to the movement restrictions in the reserve: it is prohibited for people to be in the conservation areas of Ilvese, Kükametsa, Mõtuse and Vanamänniku from 1 February to 15 July, except for moving around on the existing roads and trails with a permit from the manager of the reserve, the Environmental Board. It is prohibited for people to be on the islets and islands in Pikla and Pulgoja conservation zones from 1 April to 15 July.
- Drive a motor vehicle only on designated roads and a bicycle on roads and trails. Driving an off-road vehicle is not allowed without a consent from the manager of the reserve.
- In order to move around in a designated/fenced private property, ask for permission from the land owner.
- It is permitted to pick forest berries, mushrooms end everything else that is edible in the case it is allowed to be in the place of foraging.
- Camping and fire making is permitted in places that have been prepared and marked by the manager of the reserve. If there is a fire hazard warning in the forest, it is strictly prohibited to make an open fire, also in a fire ring. Camping and fire making on private property is allowed with the consent of the land owner.
- It is permitted to drive on the waters of the reserve with a water vessel without an engine. It is permitted to drive a motorised water vessel on the sea with the consent of the manager of the reserve.
- Fishing is permitted on the waters of the reserve, except on the Rannametsa River in the conservation zone of Rannametsa from 1 July to 31 March.
- Keep your dog on a leash when walking in the nature.
- Organising a public event in a conservation zone with more than 50 participants is permitted in a place prepared for it and marked by the manager of the reserve. Organising a public event is allowed without the permission of the Environmental Board in the marked and prepared places of a limited management zone.
More specific information about moving around in the nature can be found in the General Part of the Environmental Code Act and from the protection rules of the Luitemaa Nature Reserve.
If you notice damages to nature or the visitor facilities, notify the Republic of Estonia Environmental Inspectorate by calling the number 1313.
The emergency phone number is 112.