Instruction for visitors
- Try not to leave traces behind when travelling in the nature.
- One is allowed to stay and pick berries and mushrooms in the whole reserve, except for the conservation zones of Kasse and Rame from 1 February to 31 July and the conservation zones of the islets of Kõbaja and Rame from 15 March or, in the presence of a permanent ice-sheet, from the breaking of the ice-sheet until 15 July.
- Permission to stay and forage on a private property requires permission from the land owner if the land is restricted and marked.
- Use given roads to move around with a motor vehicle, riding a bicycle is permitted on the trails.
- It is permitted to drive a watercraft on the sea area in the reserve, except a jet ski and in the conservation zones of Kasse and Rame from 1 February to 31 July and in the conservation zones of the islets of Kõbaja and Rame from 15 March or, in the presence of a permanent ice-sheet, from the breaking of the ice-sheet until 15 July.
- Driving a watercraft is prohibited in the bays of Mõisalahe and Kasse that are a part of the conservation zone of Laelatu and in the bay of Ännikse in the conservation zone of Puhtu. These restrictions do not extend to inspection and rescue works, to activities related to governing the reserve and arranging protections for it.
- Camping and open fires are permitted in areas that have been prepared and marked for that.
- Camping and making a camp fire in a yard is permitted with the permission of the land owner.
- Hunting is permitted from 1 September to 14 March.
- Bird hunting in the reserve is prohibited all year round, except in the limited management zone of Pivarootsi from 20 August to 30 November. With the permission from the manager of the reserve, it is permitted to hunt game in order to regulate their abundance from 15 March to 31 August.
- Keep your dog on a leash when walking in the nature.
- When leaving the reserve, we kindly ask you to take your trash with you.
If you notice damages to nature or the visitor facilities, notify the Republic of Estonia Environmental Inspectorate by calling the number 1313.
The emergency phone number is 112.