The Lahemaa National Park Center offers a variety of opportunities for promoting and facilitating environmental education. The local nature and well-developed infrastructure provide a diverse range of educational programs both indoors and outside.
Environmental education specialists have developed a number of study programs for local hiking trails and the Nature Center. In addition, there are study programs that are held in other protected areas in the Lääne-Viru County. Various study programs can be ordered directly for the school. Study programs are designed for different ages.
All study programs offered by the Environmental Board are free of charge.
Seasonal study programs available in Lahemaa and Lääne-Viru County (in Estonian).
A trip to Viru bog. Photo: Enri Uusna
When choosing a program, please take into account the appropriate season. Field training programs are held especially in early fall and late spring, and indoor programs during the winter months. Before arriving to the study program, teachers are kindly asked to study the teacher's reminder (in Estonian).
Study programs are prepared and conducted by environmental education specialist Enri Uusna and Kerli Kõue. Registration and information:
Other providers of environmental study programmes in Lahemaa:
- Lahemaa Retked OÜ, email email@example.com, phone 514 5830;
- Lahemaa Keskkonnahariduse Selts, email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 545 110 10;
- MTÜ Eru Lahe Rannarahva Selts, email email@example.com, phone 5691 7494;
- Lahemaa Looduskool, email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 514 8614 or 520 6385;
- Käsmu Maritime Museum, email email@example.com, phone 529 7135;
- MTÜ Lahemaa Ökoturism, email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 5556 3088;
- RMK Sagadi Nature School, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org; phone 512 5727 or 513 7405;
- RMK Oandu Visitor Centre, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 676 7010 or 509 939.
Look for programmes (in Estonian).