Kiipsaare Lighthouse

Category

Info

Address

Kiipsaare Lighthouse from reinforced concrete, with the height of 25 metres, was built in 1933. In 1950, the lighthouse was still at the centre of the peninsula, 200 metres inland from the seashore. In the years 1992– 2008, the lighthouse was known as the Pisa tower of Saaremaa because, due to the waves, the tower tilted after losing its support from the ground on the sea side. Then the tower righted itself again

Coordinates

58°29'45"N 21°50'27"E